How to keep my chimney or wood heater flue clean is a question we are often asked, our short answer is to use Soot Loose Chimney & Flue Cleaner.
Soot Loose is a non toxic, non flammable and non corrosive organic solvent which cleans whilst your fire is burning.
Available in single use sachets or an economical alternative are the 250g tins.
Really easy to use
- Make a hot fire then allow to burn down to hot coals
- Have the heater fully open
- Place 2 heaped tablespoons of Soot Loose onto the hot coals
- Leave for approx. 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove the wood heater baffle (inner ceiling plate) and clean before restarting the fire.
This should be done monthly during fire burning season to keep flues working well. It does not replace the good old fashioned chimney clean that should be done annually, preferably prior to lighting fires for winter warmth.
Creosote filled flues are the major cause of flue fires in homes, stay safe and have your flue cleaned and your heater checked for safety at the same time.
- For use in stainless steel, brick and mortar chimneys and flues
- Helps prevent flue fires
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Easy to use
- Safe to use
- Increases heater effiency
|Warranty||12 month manufacturer warranty|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Downs Heating users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.